Did you like the movie?
I’m sure you’ve asked and heard this question dozens of times. At the same time, talking about the film can be even more interesting than the picture itself. But this is possible only when all participants are ready to open their minds and you have interesting questions for discussion.
Today I want to share questions – puzzles that will give you a flight of thought and turn the film chat into a captivating dialogue.
But first, I’ll tell you how I use these queries myself.
First, I love to philosophize about cinema quietly to myself. It works great when a movie is stuck in my head and I’m trying to figure out why. This quiz is always the first step to understanding my movie obsession. Movie journals are always on my work shelf. In addition, I have an excellent article about why do I feel sad when a tv show ends.
Secondly, questions help me to have fascinating conservations with friends. Now we even come up with alternative movie plots while we eat pizza. Also, this quiz can help you chat up on a date or warm up an evening with your family. Or you can host a movie night with friends and discuss the movie later; it will be a lot of fun for movie lovers!
Thirdly, I love to talk about films with my husband. We chat about our thoughts and feelings after the film, laugh and spend extra time together. It brings us very close!
But remember, this is not an interrogation. It is not a list of questions to be asked in a strict order. These queries are just ideas that can be developed. It is essential to respect each other opinions, even if it does not strongly coincide with your own. So don’t turn the chat into a fight.
24 cool film discussion questions.
1. Is it a big film?
2. What is this film about for you?
3. What is your first thought after the credits?
4. What can you say about a particular film hero (about the main character, about the most pleasant character for you)?
5. What can you say about a particular situation in the film?
6. Which line from the movie made the biggest impression on you?
7. Have there been similar situations in your life?
8. How can this movie help you in your life?
9. What moment of the movie made the biggest impression on you? It may be connected with you or causes some associations.
10. What characters did you like, dislike or surprise? What exactly?
11. Which of the characters is like you?
12. What role would you like to play in this film? Why?
13. The actions of which heroes caused you misunderstanding, disagreement or approval? What else could a hero do? How would the film have changed if the hero had acted differently?
14. If you could ask the characters about something, what questions would you ask them?
15. What other endings could the movie have?
16. What do you think the author wanted to convey with this film? Do you see some sense of your own in this film?
17. What title would you give this film? Why?
18. Did you enjoy the music, lighting, special effects, sets, costumes, etc.?
19. Would you ever like to see this picture again?
20. What did you learn from this movie?
21. Вid you get goosebumps? What moment?
22. What will happen to the film’s characters in 10 years, in 20 years?
23. Would you recommend this movie to your friends? Why?
24. How does the film relate to reality?
I hope you will use these excellent film discussion questions next movie night.
Share this blog post if you enjoyed it. I would appreciate it!